Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A real classic...

I a brought these cookies a couple weeks ago and they were a big hit. It's one of the first cookies I brought for the crew back on the pilot. It had been a while so I thought I would dust off the recipe.

Chocolate Chocolate Chunk & Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

2 1/4 C all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1 C unsalted butter, room temp
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
10 oz. dark chocolate bars cut into chunks
10 oz. bag peanut butter chips

Pre heat oven to 375 degrees, line baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift togehter flour, salt, and baking soda. Cream together butter and sugars until fluffy. Slightly beat the eggs and add to mixture, add vanilla and cocoa powder and mix until smooth. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips.
Drop one inch balls of dough 1.5 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets, and bake on the top rack for 10-12 minutes depending on how crispy you want them. Makes roughly. 8 dozen bite size cookies. Could double cookie size and bake 12-15 minutes

I usually use 5 oz. of milk chocolate/5 oz of dark chocolate which also works really well. It give that smooth milk chocolate mouth feel with the bite of the dark chocolate. I had a lot of dark chocolate around the house so I went with 10 oz of dark. I also tried something a little different this time. I rolled half of the dough balls in crushed roasted hazelnuts. It was a great addition that everyone loved. It gives them a fancy look and doesn't require much more work.


No comments:

Post a Comment