Wednesday, March 6, 2013

and this week on Grimm, potato chip cookies

This week I decided to try a recipe I found forever ago but had stashed away in the recipe bank. I was intrigued by the idea of a potato chip cookie. It's a pretty basic shortbread cookie with a twist. I wasn't overly impressed but I got a lot of rave reviews on set, and I will admit they smell fantastic. I told everyone they had to guess the secret ingredient, and of roughly 40 people only one guessed right, but I did get some interesting guesses.

Potato chip cookies
Sweet salty goodness

2 C all purpose flour - 300g
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 C ( 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
1 C sugar - 212g
1 lg egg
1 - 1 1/2 C crushed potato chips ( the thinner the better)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift together dry ingredients. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy, then beat in the egg. Mix in the dry ingredients, then mix in the potato chips. Drop 1 inch balls of dough on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake 12-13 min. Or until golden brown cool completely on wire rack. Makes 6 dozen cookies

I have a few ideas for this recipe that are a little out of left field, there are just so many possibilities with all the potato chips out there. Will keep you posted with my experimentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment