Monday, March 18, 2013

From cookies to cappuccinos...

A few months ago I became obsessed with cappuccino, the perfect coffee beverage. So I've been doing my best to share these amazing little sensations with everyone I can find. I've taken over the espresso machine on the crafty truck here at Grimm and I'm basically the coffee liaison for the show at this point. We are all very excited to finally have Stumptown coffee on the show. It's a vast improvement (thanks skip) over what we were drinking. Also I was allowed to really dial in the grind and the machine for us to fully enjoy such a quality coffee. It's been quite a process, but so very worth it.
I even went out and spent a pretty penny on a fancy grinder and espresso machine for my house, and it's been worth every penny. I got the Breville double boiler and "smart" grinder. I've only had them a few weeks but so far I've been quite thrilled with my purchase. Everything is built right into the Breville (timer, P.I.D, etc) and it took no time at all to get the grind worked out. The smart grinder is straight forward and easy to use. Just a few turns of the dials and I was able to make coffee shop level espresso in minutes of opening the box. It also steams milk beautifully, making excellent microfoam. I'm also quite excited that my pour/latte art is coming along quite nicely and I thought I would share some of those each week as well. Here is some of my work up until now. Just a few for now but there will be more to come. It's certainly a learning process but I think it's coming along nicely.

















No comments:

Post a Comment